Sunday, September 1, 2013

First day of class



SMILE! 
I use this picture frame to capture the memories of my students this year. I saw this great idea on Pinterest (of course) and fell in love with it! I wanted to set the picture in a time frame and that is why I opted for Pete-the-cat. Most children know this character and he is cute and lovable.  Making the frame was extremely easy.  I just used a piece of foam board, cut out the middle and covered it with construction paper. I used some hot glue to keep the construction paper in place.  I made a large
craftivity of Pete and I printed "ROCKS" & "2013" using Broadway font from Microsoft.  I used Microsoft clipart to insert the globe in place of the zero in 2013.    Then I made the JUMPSTART letters and glued them to a single piece of construction paper to keep them straight. Next step was to hot glue all the components to the frame.  It was easy to make and very well received by the children who were eager and excited to have their pictures taken.


I made a small modification to the frames I saw in Pinterest because I felt that seeing the children’s hands took away from the picture. This is how I solved the problem: I added two small ribbons to the back of my frame with a tiny space for the children to place their hands and hold up the frame. I hot glued a piece of grosgrain ribbon because it is durable and doesn’t fray).

No comments:

Post a Comment